Please join us in welcoming Dounie Florendo to the Emeg Group as our new Senior Electrical Engineer. Dounie will play a key role in the delivery of various large-scale rail engineering projects taking place throughout the Middle East and will report to Martyn Brain, General Manager (Middle East, Africa & Asia).
Dounie has a strong technical background and his core competencies include common engineering analysis, site supervision, design (he is well versed in AutoCAD & Primavera 6), testing and commissioning of earthing & lightning protection systems, with knowledge of practical engineering practices and procedures.
Dounie is a member of the Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (Philippines Chapter) and is a registered Electrical Engineer. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Saint Louis University (Baguio City, Philippines) and has completed several post-graduate qualifications and further electrical training.
Dounie brings a wealth of experience to our Emeg Rail Systems division, having worked for the past 20 years in the Philippines and Dubai as Site Supervisor, Project Engineer, Technical Procurement / Support Engineer and Technical Manager, where his responsibilities included:
- Conducting site visits on all projects and attending inspection meetings with the contractor/consultants for final approvals.
- Performing on-site testing and reporting.
- Providing maintenance support and conducting technical presentations & training.
- Designing Earthing & Lightning Protection Systems for commercial, industrial & high-rise buildings – complying with the latest British Standard (BS 7430 & BS EN 62305).
- Managing internal/external support teams pre-, during & after-sales.
- Preparing shop drawings and designs using the latest version of AutoCAD.
We wish Dounie every success in his new role!
If you’re interested in joining Emeg Group’s rapidly-growing team of rail experts, based in the UK and Dubai, you can view our current vacancies or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.